We are exactly two weeks away from the release of Kingdom Above the Cloud! With the big day right around the corner, it’s time for one of the most important steps in this process: asking YOU if you’ll be part of my launch team!
What’s a launch team?
A launch team is made up of two main types of people:
- Fans who are excited about the book
- Friends and family who want to support this exciting adventure, even if they don’t know much (or anything) about the book
For the record, both types are welcome here!!
Joining the launch team requires some commitment, and hopefully it is fun and rewarding.
What will you get out of it?
- My undying love and devotion
- Advanced copy of Kingdom Above the Cloud (electronic copy)
- Some goodies and promotional materials
- Behind-the-scenes look at marketing a new novel
- Invitation to my private Facebook group of insiders
What’s the commitment?
- Read it before launch day (my beta readers took an average of 2 days to a week to finish it. It’s a quick read!)
- Write at least 2 honest reviews (Amazon plus one other – Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc.). Reviews are a HUGE part of getting the word out, and they influence everything from the almighty Amazon algorithm to the likelihood that my book is suggested to other readers. When the time comes, I will send you some more info on how to write a helpful and honest review.
- Preorder it (https://amzn.to/2TXdhgy). Part of me hates requiring this, because I don’t want the launch team process to seem like a gimmick to get your money. I promise it’s not! Here are my upfront reasons for expecting you to preorder:
- Preordering shows me you are committed to helping with this launch. I don’t want to send a free electronic copy to folks who have no intention of participating.
- Preordering is important so that your review (see above) “counts.” If it looks like you didn’t buy it, the Amazon police may think you are a fake reviewer and delete your review.
- Many of you who sign up to be on the launch team would likely purchase the book at some point anyway. By preordering (instead of waiting until after launch), you are helping to get momentum rolling.
- Follow me on all social media platforms (the ones you already have… no need to create a profile!), and engage in liking, commenting, and sharing posts.
- Participate in daily challenges during the week leading up to launch (including things like preparing your review and posting about the book)
Do you want in? I hope so! It’s going to be fun 🙂